- Optometry Home
- Dean's Page
- Why UIWRSO?
- Prospective Students
- Student Services
- Financial Information
- Accreditation Status
- Contact Us
- B.S. in Vision Science
- Continuing Education
- Positions Available
About the School
- The School of Optometry is located near the Medical Center area of San Antonio.
- Class size is approximately 60 students.
- The campus consists of multimedia classrooms, technologically-advanced clinical laboratories, vision science and clinical libraries, study areas, student services space, faculty and administrative offices, conference rooms, and other Optometry teaching facilities.
- The school will encompass two clinical facilities – one is located at the School of Optometry building and a second clinic will be located in east San Antonio. The clinics will be modern state-of-the-art health care facilities with fully-equipped optometric examination rooms, advanced technology, clinical scenario computer stations, digital educational halls, and capable of delivering high quality eye care.
- UIWSO is the only faith-based School of Optometry in the United States.
The UIW School of Optometry has been granted the pre-accreditation classification of "Preliminary Approval" by the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education of the American Optometric Association, 243 N. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO. 63141. "Preliminary Approval" is granted to a professional degree program that has clearly demonstrated it is developing in accordance with Council standards. "Preliminary Approval" is the only classification available to a new professional program.
The University of the Incarnate Word is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of the Incarnate Word.