- Optometry Home
- Dean's Page
- Why UIWRSO?
- Prospective Students
- About the School
- Student Services
- Financial Information
- Accreditation Status
- Contact Us
- B.S. in Vision Science
- Continuing Education
- Positions Available
Professional students at the Rosenberg School of Optometry are eligible for higher amounts of funding through the federal student aid programs.
Direct Unsubsidized Stafford Loan
- Maximum $40,500 or up to the Cost of Attendance minus any aid.
- The current interest rate is 6.8% (fixed)
- Interest is not subsidized by the federal government and begins accruing upon disbursement; borrowers have the option to pay the interest during enrollment or allow it to accrue. Unpaid interest will be capitalized by the lender and added to the principal of the loan upon graduation.
- Financial need not required
- Origination fee may be deducted from the loan proceeds before disbursement
- Grace period of 6 months after enrollment ceases
- Deferment and Forbearance options available
- Standard 10-year repayment schedule; Deferment, Forbearance and Income Based Repayment options available
- Aggregate total (undergraduate and graduate) of $224,000
Direct Graduate PLUS Loan
- Maximum amount is equal to the full Cost of Attendance minus all aid
- The current interest rate is a fixed 7.9%
- Loan requires a separate application and credit check
- The first payment on a Direct PLUS Loan is due within 60 days after the loan is fully disbursed. There is no grace period. However, the student can postpone payment while you are in school.
A complete list of the guidelines, eligibility requirements and current rates for Direct Student Loans may be found at: http://www.direct.ed.gov/student.html