- Optometry Home
- Dean's Page
- Why UIWRSO?
- Prospective Students
- About the School
- Student Services
- Financial Information
- Accreditation Status
- Contact Us
- B.S. in Vision Science
- Continuing Education
- Positions Available
About the School
- The Rosenberg School of Optometry is located near the Medical Center area of San Antonio.
- Class size is approximately 68 students.
- The campus consists of multimedia classrooms, technologically-advanced clinical laboratories, vision science and clinical libraries, study areas, student services space, faculty and administrative offices, conference rooms, and other Optometry teaching facilities.
- UIWRSO offers two state of the art clinical facilities including the UIW Eye Institute, on-site of the main facility, and a second clinic located on the eastside of the city. The UIW Bowden Eye Care & Health Center will be a multidisciplinary teaching environment equipped to provide comprehensive health care to underserved populations.
- UIWRSO is the only Optometry School in the United States associated with a faith-based institution.
The UIW Rosenberg School of Optometry has been granted the pre-accreditation classification of "Preliminary Approval" by the Accreditation Council on Optometric Education of the American Optometric Association, 243 N. Lindbergh Blvd., St. Louis, MO. 63141. "Preliminary Approval" is granted to a professional degree program that has clearly demonstrated it is developing in accordance with Council standards. "Preliminary Approval" is the only classification available to a new professional program.
The University of the Incarnate Word is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of the University of the Incarnate Word.