The MS in Vision Science program attracts candidates who wish to earn a master in science in vision science degree — and gain experience in vision research methodology — without enrolling in a four-year OD program. You must hold a bachelor’s degree and have taken or plan to take the Graduate Record Exam’s general exam to be considered for admittance.
Requirements for admission to the MS include:
- Bachelor Degree in a field relevant to vision science from an accredited university.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate, graduate and/or professional schools.
- (2) Letters of recommendation from professional colleagues, instructors or professors.
- Official Score Report of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with Verbal
- The following GRE component scores are highly recommended: Verbal Reasoning ≥ 142, Quantitative Reasoning ≥ 143, Analytical Writing ≥ 2.7
- International Students: Official score report of English proficiency test.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
- Conditional admission allowed; retention based on performance in core curriculum.