As a doctoral program that provides intensive training for students interested in a research career in academia or industry, admission to the Vision Science PhD program is limited and selective. Your application will be reviewed by a graduate committee. We look for relevant experience and academic preparation that indicates your strong interest in becoming a research scientists and/or translational clinical scientist.
Requirements for admission to the PhD include:
- Bachelor Degree in a field relevant to vision science from an accredited university.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate, graduate and/or professional schools.
- (2) Letters of recommendation from professional colleagues, instructors or professors.
- Official Score Report of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with Verbal
- The following GRE component scores are highly recommended: Verbal Reasoning ≥ 142, Quantitative Reasoning ≥ 143, Analytical Writing ≥ 2.7
- International Students: Official score report of English proficiency test.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.00
- Conditional admission allowed; retention based on performance in core curriculum.